onsdag 30 december 2009

My 2009

Then this year has come to an end, and its been a very eventful year!
A lot of memories, experiences, ups and downs, and also some good moments on the bike..
So here is the highlights from my bikeyear 2009 i wont forget!


The year started off good, already in my second race i got my first win! A freezing cold, rainy Amgen Tour of California criterium in Santa Rosa



Went through my first Tour de L'aude, the biggest ten day tour for women, and I got two really nice 6th and 7th places, and even more surprising in the mountainstages! Was a great thing for me, and that made my confidence for my future a lot bigger!



Emakumeen Bira was the next good tour, where i got one 5th place, and the best of all, a 4th place in the hill time trial. Think it was more people then I that was very surprised to see my name in between the climbers on that resultlist..



Next win came in the Swedish national championship, but this year in the Time trial! Won over Susanne Ljungskog and Emma Johansson, to great international riders, and this was the most unexpected thing of the year!



Finally i got my medal at the European Championships, which last couple of years been a big goal for me, but would never guessed it would come in the Time trial!



After all that succes first part of the season i the second part struggled a little and I could really feel that im young and the season was very long, since i started off in Qatar already first days of February.
But in Toscana i got a nice 5th place in the time trial there.



After that i finsihed off the season with the Worlds, which to the results, wasnt any good thing for me, but taking part and also this year in the Time trial is great learning for the future and gives a lot.



So with a great 2009 i'm very excited to see what 2010 can bring, but i also learnt some things to do diffrent to next year..

But for now i wish you all a happy new year!

2 kommentarer:

  1. Up to a succesfull 2010 baby!!

    SvaraRadera
  2. What oakley lens tint do you wear for races in the rain like the time trial in this post or the 2009 tour of Calif? Looks like maybe persimmon?

    SvaraRadera